Ironically, given its subtitle, this book shipped too soon. It contains interesting, occasionally thought-provoking fragments, but the whole book reads like a bunch of bullet points with the bullets removed.
My three-bullet-point summary:
- Creativity is about iterated processes, not outcomes: iterate the process and the outcomes will follow.
- Don’t wait for the creative muse; go through the next iteration of the process (whether you feel like it or not): it’s your job!
- You can’t satisfy everyone, so forget about those who aren’t interested in your stuff.
- Buy this book from Bookshop.org (UK) and help tax-paying, independent bookshops.
- Buy this book from Amazon.co.uk
- Buy this book from Amazon.com
Note: I will receive a small referral fee if you buy this book via one of the above links.